If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Friday, April 25, 2014

Tangled Paths of Righteousness


A Message from Anointed Messenger


A couple of weeks ago I shared that I felt God led me to cancel a prayer meeting so I could take advantage of an investment opportunity. [Following God's voice wherever it leads] I then shared that the investment opportunity turned out to not be such a good deal. [We make mistakes, but God does not.] I assumed I made a mistake in following God, but now I recognize that route was all part of the plan. 


From Zig Ziglar Facebook



That experience prepared me. When another opportunity arose I knew how to get exactly what I needed from it without investing too much because of my previous encounter. The "bad investment" taught me how to recognize sales pressure tactics versus valid opportunities within that industry. Also the bad investment experience was not just about me. Because one of the program's graduates was trying to date me (don't worry - that didn't happen), the truth about the investment accidentally spilled from his lips. All those that were listening with me also decided to get a refund. (I received my refund before it showed up on a statement.) God positioned me so that others would be spared from a bad investment as well.


The whole experience was a reminder that just because I don't like or understand the path that I am traveling, it doesn't mean that God isn't the One leading me. We like to imagine that if God is leading us things will be easy, simple, direct and steadily progressing upwards. Well things are always working for our good, but we can't always immediately see that. In order for us to get where we need to go, there will be times when it looks like we're going backwards, or in circles, or down. Our loving Father is concerned with character, and preparation, and education. God isn't about just handing us blessings we can't handle; He is making us in the image of Christ. 



God's Beloved, if you are certain God spoke to you; if you are sure you received your directions from God - rest assured you are headed in the right direction, even if it looks like you're going nowhere. If you're not sure, ask God for confirmation. God compares His children to sheep who recognize their shepherd's voice. In the bible book of Job, there was a man named Job who lost almost everything including his health. He said "I don't know how God puts the stars in the skies, and I don't understand what's going on in my life, - but I know my redeemer lives." Job had faith in God's goodness. I pray we'll be able to do the same when the path God leads us down appears to be tangled.



Dear Lord,
Let us be secure in Your love. Let us never forget that You are good. Even when we don't understand the way that You are leading us, let us be at peace; trusting Your way is the best way. Help us not turn back, or doubt Your voice, when things don't look the way we hoped or expected them to.

2 comments:

  1. Dear A M,
    This, is what ALL of us need so that when our part is twisted, we will be comforted. I need it and I appreciate it! May God continue to bless your ministry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend. God's ways are so much higher than ours that it's better to trust Him than question Him.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.