If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Thursday, April 10, 2014

We make mistakes, but God does not.

A Message from Anointed Messenger


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version


Yesterday I shared that I cancelled a prayer meeting to attend an investment seminar. [Read that message here.] I had a persistent feeling I needed to cancel/reschedule an upcoming prayer meeting. When the date of the follow-up seminar coincided with the date of the prayer meeting I thought I'd figured out why I needed to cancel. Well there was a very interesting turn of events.

Immediately after the free training the "success story" student that went through the program and spoke briefly during the seminar talked informally with the new recruits. He indicated that the company does not give students financial support in the way we were all led to believe. We also learned that this man was not local, but the company flew him in from another state. If the company's training is that good why can't they find local success stories? The stories continued to unravel.

Numerous things surfaced revealing this was not a good investment. I knew I had three business days to cancel and that is exactly what I did. But I wondered about the turn of events. I thought, "God I thought surely I'd heard You. Lord I even had a message to share about my experience; what now?" 


As I reflected on the uneasiness surrounding the prayer meeting, I concluded that was indeed the Holy Spirit guiding me. I settled in my mind that I didn't have to figure out why it wasn't the right time for the prayer meeting; I simply needed to trust God. I resolved to have peace with what God was leading me to do; whether I understood it or not.

After I resolved the issue in my mind I was invited to a special meeting at church on the very same day and time that the prayer meeting would have been. This was a rare opportunity, and I felt the seminar was merely the counterfeit before the genuine blessing.

I made a mistake because I was starting to feel desperation about God's provision. Yet our gracious God makes all things work for good. God revealed the truth before it was too late. I will get my money back, and I will be able to warn others not to invest in that company. I was also reminded of an important lesson about not jumping to conclusions about what God is doing.

God's Beloved, even when we make mistakes God does not. When God gives a Word, He is not confused or mistaken about the surrounding circumstances. If we will continue seeking God's will, all things will work for our good.
 
Almighty God,
We are grateful that You know everything, and You never steer us wrong. We are glad that You wreck those plans that are about to wreck our futures. We put all our trust in You, because even though we make mistakes - You do not.


4 comments:

  1. Dear AM,
    Oh how I love the ENDING!!(The turn of events). This says we must trust that God knows what he is doing.
    Blessings and continued success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend. "We must trust that God knows what He is doing." - well said!

      Delete
  2. God is the most reliable friend there is, I trust to Him every area of my life, even in turns and twists. Thank you for sharing this very encouraging story. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, with God as your friend you are also blessed!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.