If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Following God's voice wherever it leads

A Message from Anointed Messenger


After this interview the wise men went their way. And the star they had seen in the east guided them to Bethlehem. It went ahead of them and stopped over the place where the child was. 
Matthew 2:9 New Living Translation

Like many of you, I start my day with devotional time. That's time devoted to the Lord in prayer, bible study, praise and worship, and general fellowship with God. Recently I was in devotion when I had an uneasiness about an upcoming prayer meeting I was scheduled to host in a little over a week. I felt like I should cancel or reschedule it. Canceling a prayer meeting hardly seemed right and holy so I tried to shake it off but the feeling persisted.

I went on with my day and attended a seminar for an investment opportunity. I was determined to receive free info and nothing more, but I was impressed with many of the things I heard. The trainers proclaimed their Christian affiliations, and their extensive support of their students. And guess what? The paid seminar was on the very same date as the scheduled prayer meeting. I concluded this is why I had uneasiness and felt I should cancel the meeting. I gathered my courage and signed up for the rather costly training.
GospelGifs by Jim Sutton

I thought about the fact that God's voice doesn't always lead us to what we'd consider super spiritual places. Consider the three wise men following the star to find the Messiah. They were looking for the King of kings. I bet they didn't expect the star to lead them to a barn. The fact that the baby Jesus was in a manger surrounded by animals, rather than in a palace, didn't make Him any less holy. He was still the Prince of Peace.

God's Beloved, we must follow God's voice wherever it leads us. God cares about everything that concerns us. God doesn't just care about our prayer meetings and worship services; God cares about our finances, education and investments. Just as the wise men found the Savior in a barn, we'll find God's blessings wherever His voice leads us.
 
Holy Spirit,
We are Yours. You said Your sheep hear Your voice, so we trust that we will hear You. Give us faith to believe Your words; even when they don't make sense to our natural minds. You are a Good Shepherd and You only lead us into that which is good for us.

TO BE CONTINUED...
PART 2 COMING VERY SOON.

6 comments:

  1. Amen, and thank you for this message. God has an uncanny way of getting our attention. Sending you, and yours blessings. Godspeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very grateful for this most informative message. I feel it has to be coming from GOD! May you be continually blessed in your anointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Friend. I receive your blessing and ask God to bless you in abundance.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.