If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

MOVING WITH GOD


A Message from Anointed Messenger

Journal Excerpt

Wednesday 11/3/04 7:29 am


I was so tired this morning!  Even when the alarm went off I couldn't get up.  Imzadi (my cat) started whining long before the alarm went off.  He woke me up.  I told him to be quiet but he kept whining. Finally I got tired of him so I got up and put some food in his bowl, then got back in bed. But he came back shortly.  He wanted me to go with him. [I often sit with him when he eats and he enjoys the attention and social interaction.] Eventually he got in bed with me and didn't move until I called him.



It made me think about my relationship with God.  Like Imzadi, if I grow too impatient and keep whining - God will allow me to move forward.  The problem is, if you don't wait on God you have to go alone.  Imzadi wasn't happy on his own so he came back and waited on me.  I'm not at peace when I get ahead of God.  It's never good to do anything without God.  Wait on Him.  I believe now I'm in the phase similar to Zadi's being in the bed: waiting with God in a place/position of intimacy.  I'm waiting for Him to move in His timing.  I'm waiting on His cues and promptings.




When I did finally get up Zadi didn't follow immediately. Usually he's right with me.  I had to call him twice and tug on the blanket before he moved.  I can relate. After you've stepped ahead of God you can get too cautious.  It's a mistake you don't want to repeat.  Zadi laying there looking at me while I'm calling him is equivalent to me asking, "Is it You God?" etc. etc.

Lord, help me to wait patiently on You, and help me to move when You move.  I want to be in Your perfect timing.  Remove confusion and make me more sensitive to Your voice. If You don't go with me then I don't want to go.

4 comments:

  1. Dear AM,
    I am moved to tears when I see this and I am sure you know why. However, I still get the profound message and it is indeed useful! May God continue to bless your ministry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Friend. I receive your blessings & encouragement and I bless you back.

      Delete
  2. Thank you! On time again. My God..my God!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sunshine, can you believe this journal entry is almost ten years old?!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.