If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

After the Storm


A Message from Anointed Messenger

I exchange texts with my oldest brother everyday, and lately the weather in Chicago where he is, hasn't been much different from the weather in Houston where I am. If it was 91 here it was about 88 there. But recently there was a terrible storm in Chicago. Lots of lightning and thunder and many people lost electric power. I was concerned for all the people affected by the storm.


Today my brother (who runs everyday) mentioned that it was cloudy and 65; perfect running weather. I said, "Wow, the storm really cooled things off." It was 65 for him because he's right on the lake, but in the seventies for most of the city. Beautiful weather; meanwhile it's still in the nineties here in Houston (before the heat index).

I don't really mind the heat here, but it made me think about how storms can be a blessing. It's difficult when you're right in the middle of a storm, but after the storm things cool off, and are at times better than before. 


I've been through some storms in my life, and I did lose some things — but I came out of it better than before. I lost some bad attitudes, toxic relationships, negative thinking, and habits that lead to storms. The best part was discovering Who is my shelter during the storms, and Who has the ability to calm the storms. Now the physical storms are headed this way, but I know I have divine shelter.

God's Beloved, whether you are in a storm, anticipating a storm coming soon, or the survivor of a storm - be at peace. Know that the God who made you will be with you in every season.

Heavenly Father
You are my shelter from the storms. I will have faith because the lightning and hail, snow and clouds,
    and stormy winds do Your bidding. You calm the storms and bring me out better off than I was before. There is no need to fear, because You love me, and all things work together for my good.

 
 
Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble,
    and he brought them out of their distress.
He stilled the storm to a whisper;
    the waves of the sea were hushed.
They were glad when it grew calm,
    and he guided them to their desired haven.
Psalm 107:28-30 NIV

If you would like to share this message please link back to this blog post:

or one of my Facebook sites:

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this prayer...I know God is calming my storm. And will show me the rainbow. Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise the Lord joyfullady! I am in agreement with your prayer that God will calm your storm and show you the rainbow. 🌈

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.