If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Thursday, January 8, 2015

What's Blocking the Reception?

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
John 10:27

AN ANOINTED MESSAGE FROM ANOINTED MESSENGER




Recently I had trouble getting my television remote to work. I pressed the buttons harder, I took out the batteries and rubbed them together (I'm not the only one who does that), but I was still having trouble. Finally I realized that there was a box blocking the pathway from the remote to the television's sensor. It didn't matter what I did to that remote; it wasn't going to work properly unless it connected with the television.


It made me think about my relationship with God. Just as there was nothing wrong with my remote nor my batteries; there's nothing wrong with God's ability to communicate with us. But at times there are things interfering with our ability to hear/recognize God's voice. Distractions such as social media, cell phones, work, games and entertainment can hinder receiving what God has to say (although God can use those means to speak to us also). Sin, worry, anxiety, busyness, unforgiveness and fear can block out God's voice. Competing voices in the world, and a lack of familiarity with the Word make us more prone to confusion. The Voice is still there, but our reception is compromised.

This is the time of year when many people fast. Not to force God to act (not possible), but to silence all the distractions, and remove the interference so they can hear clearly from the LORD. I pray that you will have right priorities, clarity of purpose, and crystal clear reception of God's voice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.