If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Monday, November 10, 2014

Lord thank You for the TROUBLE


 

A Message from Anointed Messenger

Why am I thanking God for trouble? Because it sets me up for double.

Recently I ended my free trial with my text delivery service and switched to a paying plan. You can read the message about how God miraculously provided here. However the day after the trial was scheduled to end I noticed the daily text did not go out at the scheduled time, and I could not access my account. The error message I received said a payment needed to be made. 

After contacting the text delivery service they extended my trial two days so they could solve the problem. 2 days later again I could not access my account for lack of payment. I was frustrated. Was this going to happen every time? Why couldn't they resolve this issue? I didn't want to deal with this problem repeatedly.



I contacted the service again and they said they were extending my trial and giving me another month free while the tech worked on resolving the issue. Wow! And I thought they'd forgotten about me, but apparently the tech was still working on the issue. 

The experience was a reminder that trouble sets us up to get blessings that exceed what we could afford on our own. If we'll endure the trouble God will give us at least double for the problems. Remind me to tell you about the first time I visited Houston and was put in a dirty, smelly hotel room. After I got over the hurt and disappointment I spoke up and received a beautiful king suite for only $25 a night.


God's Beloved sometimes trouble feels like the punishment or neglect of God, but remember it's God setting us up to receive more than what we could ask or imagine. And we get the added bonus of building character by learning how to handle trials graciously. So when trouble comes, don't stress. Rejoice because God is still on the throne and if you respond well at some point you will receive double for all your trouble.

-------------------
Instead of your shame
    you will receive a double portion,
and instead of disgrace
    you will rejoice in your inheritance.
And so you will inherit a double portion in your land,
    and everlasting joy will be yours.

Isaiah 61:7 NIV

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
Romans 5:3-5 NIV

 
 Dear Lord
Forgive me for reacting negatively when trouble comes. You warned us that we all experience troubles. Help me to rejoice knowing I AM loved by a sovereign, omnipotent God. I am grateful because trials build character and I can look forward to receiving double for my trouble.


2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely SUPERB! I am so grateful to you and GOD of course. Be truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much friend, you are a blessing to me!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.