If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Obey God & Leave the Consequences to Him

Click here for the most beautiful version of this message.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT


A Message from Anointed Messenger

Journal excerpt

I do have some good news to share. On Pinterest I looked for photos by Charles Stanley (he’s a great photographer) and I saw “Obey God and leave all the consequences to Him.” I remembered when that was my motto, when I tried to obey and trust God for the consequences. But I felt like God led me into so many
messes, or I got myself into so many bad situations in an effort to obey God that all I wanted was out. I wasn’t trying to follow Him anymore — I was trying not to be homeless. I still don’t feel great about what God’s done with my life so far but I’ve been thinking about that expression again. I made the picture with the quote my wallpaper. And I also remembered when encouraging the people was my main goal. Well now it was more about surviving and how to make a living doing it. So I’m prayerful.

Oh well I’m trying to share good news. That was the preface. Yesterday I found $40 in my black jeans I hadn’t worn in a long time, and today I discovered $50 in my Christmas card from Dad. I knew he gave me $50 but I thought I’d already taken the money out of the card. [Not a gold mine but] finding the money made me feel loved, cared for and blessed. Thanks Goddy.

Well Lord I’m already way out here in the deep and can’t swim back on my own. So I am forced to depend upon You.

--- A Little Later ---

I’m not worried about the provision; I’m back to obey God and leave all the consequences to Him. Yesterday I enjoyed my dinner with [my friend]. We talked and all that normal enjoyable stuff, and then she gave me a check for $365! A dollar for every day of the year. What a sweetheart she is. And she is saving! She cut back on a lot of things yet she still gives. Lord I’d like to be able to really bless her someday. She [bypassed a lot of things for herself], and she even stopped getting manicures; yet she gives to me generously. Wow! See what happens when I trust God and stop worrying about the money? God provides. And check this out, it was already on my heart to offer to do her nails so she could be my model. I thought she’d be great advertising for the Hair Nails and Counseling services, but I also thought she was still getting regular manicures. Little did I know she stopped to save money. And God put on my heart to give her free manicures. How cool is that?

Also I am more at peace about the future. [My friend] asked “So what is the plan?” and I declined to answer. I will obey God and leave all the consequences to Him. I won’t feel any obligation to explain my life/choices to the world. I won’t confide in those who try to tell me how to get out of the pit. I am in God’s hands, not theirs. It’s when I open myself up to others ideas and criticisms that I start feeling bad and frustrated.

Lord
I will look for Your leading in everything I do. I acknowledge You as my LORD. I’m not trying to figure everything out; I’m depending upon You. I will do what You lead me to do; and trust the consequences to You.

2 comments:

  1. I want the Lord to lead me in anyway way He wants to and want to follow him for He is my Lord and Savior. For I do acknowledge as Lord of my Life and depend on you .So I leave all the consequences to you.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.