If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Safe Mode

During trouble the Lord keeps me safe.
www.AnointedMessages.com


This I declare about the LORD:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I trust him.
Psalm 91:2 NLT

A Message from Anointed Messenger


The other day I was having some issues with my computer. Certain programs wouldn’t act right so I had to put it in Safe Mode. In case you’re not familiar with Safe Mode that’s when you run your computer with just the essentials so you can troubleshoot problems. You don’t get all the programs, drivers and files you get with a normal startup, but you also don’t get the problems.

The Lord put on my heart that during certain times in our lives we must operate in safe mode. Whether we’re facing a storm, or going through a trial or struggling with doubt or painful emotions we can’t operate as we normally would. During that time we don’t need to include all the extraneous stuff in our lives. A caterpillar in its cocoon is in safe mode. It’s going through transformation and nothing that isn’t essential is allowed inside.

Likewise during our times of vulnerability we need to surround ourselves with safe people, and safe things/places. I’m not saying we hide from the world. When I put my computer in safe mode I was able to fix the problem and now my computer runs normally. The caterpillar comes out of its cocoon as a beautiful butterfly. But during that safe mode season be extra careful about what you allow in your life. I’ve discovered that God in His love will cut out some things that I didn’t know to eliminate on my own. Trust your safe seasons, knowing they are temporary, and designed to make you better and stronger.


Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge.
Psalm 16:1 NIV

For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.
Psalm 27:5 NIV

You, Lord, will keep the needy safe and will protect us forever from the wicked,
Psalm 12:7 NIV

In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:8 NIV




Lord You are my hiding place, my refuge and my strength. I am grateful because during times of trouble You keep me safe. I will not fret over anything that You remove from my life because You know what is best for me. Give me courage and wisdom to let go of any and all unnecessary things when I am called to do so. Give me strength to remain on the potter’s wheel so that perseverance can finish its work so that I may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 

3 comments:

  1. Please feel free to share this Anointed Message with others.
    Your comments and feedback are welcome. Use the comment form below with your preferred profile. I'd love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. Applicable for the latest trial and I'm thankful for His safe mode in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunshine. We are so blessed to have a Father who protects us. May God bless you in your trial and bring you out stronger than ever.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.