If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Thursday, February 6, 2014

I am the One in Ten



give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 ESV

A Message from Anointed Messenger


I read an article recently that said only one out of every hundred readers comments on a blog. Only 1%, wow. I was reminded of the song called One in Ten by the pop reggae band UB40, which was about being a statistic. The truth is we are all statistics; the issue is where we fit in. We’re either in the mass majority who don’t take the time to express appreciation or we take the road less traveled. When Jesus healed the ten lepers only one came back to say thank you. Imagine being healed of such a horrible debilitating disease without coming back to thank the Healer.

Even today how many opportunities do we bypass to express appreciation? Do we thank the people who regularly prepare our food? Yes, I’m even talking about the paid servers, whether in fancy restaurants or fast food joints. A little appreciation goes a long way. There are so many people that we encounter that make our lives better in some way, yet we seldom let them know. As God’s representatives we should be the most grateful people of all. We should be the 10% that comes back to say thank you. We should be the 1% that expresses appreciation for what everyone else takes for granted. I pray that you will be the one in ten that says thank you.

Ten Healed of Leprosy
11 As Jesus continued on toward Jerusalem, he reached the border between Galilee and Samaria. 12 As he entered a village there, ten lepers stood at a distance, 13 crying out, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!” 14 He looked at them and said, “Go show yourselves to the priests.”[a] And as they went, they were cleansed of their leprosy. 15 One of them, when he saw that he was healed, came back to Jesus, shouting, “Praise God!” 16 He fell to the ground at Jesus’ feet, thanking him for what he had done. This man was a Samaritan. 17 Jesus asked, “Didn’t I heal ten men? Where are the other nine? 18 Has no one returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?” 19 And Jesus said to the man, “Stand up and go. Your faith has healed you.[b]
Luke 17:11-19 NLT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar0g7nAK7i0

Lord forgive me for those times when I failed to express gratitude to You and others. Remind me to let others know how much I appreciate them. Give me courage to express gratitude when I’m tempted to keep it to myself. Help me treat others the way I would like to be treated. I want to be a person that gives, not just a person who receives.


2 comments:

  1. I appreciate your commitment to serve our Lord by encouraging and edifying others. I know you go through tough times of rejection. I appreciate you and am so grateful that God put you on my pathway. Your
    words have been the exact words God needed me to hear. They were words that spoke truth to set me free from being stuck, they were words of encouragement, and edified me. Every person on our pathway was set on our pathway before we were even born. God destined each of us in this way. So I am so grateful for every person on my path even the hard difficult ones. God put them on my pathway for a reason, for edification, encouragement, or for me to lead them. Every person on your path was predestined by God. We should all be asking our Father what I am to learn Lord from this person or am to show this person? Thank you for being the faithful servant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much "Anonymous". Your words have truly blessed and encouraged me. Thank you for being the one in ten/hundred. May God bless your journey of faith.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.