If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Friday, January 24, 2014

DISCONTINUED...


Regardless of what’s discontinued, continue with God.
www.AnointedMessages.com


A Message from Anointed Messenger

There’s a lipstick color I really like made by a very reputable company, but it was discontinued. I was disappointed about that but I found the color on EBay at a discounted price and I ordered it. I was really excited to get the lipstick, especially at such a great price. But then I started thinking about the fact that makeup doesn’t last forever, and my lipstick is months – if not years old. To preserve the lipstick and avoid contamination I store it in the refrigerator. That may help reduce germs but it also means the lipstick is often unavailable when I want it. I also have to be careful to avoid mixing it with other colors or makeup. I realized my discontinued lipstick is a lot of trouble, and may be more of a burden than a blessing. It's a pretty color but it's not worth a lip infection. There’s a reason why the manufacturer discontinued the lipstick. Maybe it’s time to accept the loss and move on.

And I thought about the prophet Samuel, and how God told him to stop mourning over King Saul and move on. I’m sure it was a pivotal moment in Samuel’s ministry when he anointed Saul as king, and I’m sure he loved him more than I love my lipstick. But Saul made some bad choices and his Maker discontinued his reign. Samuel had a hard time with this. God told him Saul was the one [1 Samuel 9:15-17], and Samuel had obediently anointed him, full of hope and promise, and now – discontinued.

I contemplated how there have been different relationships and things that were removed from my life, losses I thought would only be for a season. In some cases the losses were temporary, but in all cases I learned I could live without the thing I was missing. It’s God alone that I can’t live without.

God’s Beloved don’t keep mourning over anything that God has discontinued. Saul was a disappointment but Samuel got to anoint King David, ancestor of Jesus Christ. Saul’s legacy is a footnote compared to that of King David, a man after God’s own heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRxLgPbjsDM

Father God help me move on whenever I am mourning something which You have discontinued. Even if You once endorsed something, I will respect Your right to discontinue it. You are Love and You are Wisdom, and You do only what is right. Teach me how to move on when I have trouble letting go. I know it will be worse for me if I try to hang on to something You are finished with. Help me receive the new thing You are doing. May my faith be in You alone, for the joy of the LORD is my strength, and You can be trusted.


The Lord said to Samuel, “How long will you mourn for Saul, since I have rejected him as king over Israel? Fill your horn with oil and be on your way; I am sending you to Jesse of Bethlehem. I have chosen one of his sons to be king.”
1 Samuel 16:1 NIV
 


Enjoy this Little Wonders music video from Rob Thomas. It's from the movie Meet the Robinsons, about a little boy who keeps pursuing the biological family that gave him up until he realizes the adopted family destiny has brought him is his heart's true desire, and better than anything he could've imagined.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.