If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Monday, January 27, 2014

OVERCOMER


Say it and believe it:

I AM an overcomer.
www.AnointedMessages.com

Believe it and see it.

A Message from Anointed Messenger

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.
Hebrews 11:1 NLT

Like many people I experienced a great challenge to my faith. For many years I believed strongly that something would happen — but it didn’t. Of course that was devastating, but the most distressing thing was being able to trust God again; to have unwavering faith. I asked God for faith for as far back as I can remember, even as a small child. Following is an excerpt from my journal in which I made peace with the issue.

Journal Excerpt:
And I know a big part of my calling is faith. It’s faith that I prayed for so it almost makes sense that I would have a critical challenge to my faith. Can I bounce back after a ‘devastating’ blow to my faith? Can I trust God after praying and believing for something that didn’t come to pass? Yes, because I’m an overcomer.


Lord there are times when life doesn’t turn out the way I thought it would. Help me remember that Your ways are higher than mine and I don’t have to understand everything in order to believe. Remind me that You are not a man and You do not lie. Deliver me from every disappointment, every doubt, and every thing that keeps me from trusting You completely. I am Your sheep who hears Your voice. I am grateful because regardless of what comes against me, I will overcome it through Your love.


Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”
Genesis 32:28 NIV

I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.
Luke 10:19 NIV

No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
Romans 8:37 NLT

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
1 John 4:4 NIV

for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
1 John 5:4 NIV
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.