If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Great Previews - Bad Movies - 1/22/14


You see the preview but God sees the whole story.
www.AnointedMessages.com


 A Message from Anointed Messenger

Sometimes I’ll see a movie preview and think “That’s going to be a great movie”. However when I watch the actual movie it is horrible. The only funny jokes, and/or good scenes, etc. were in the preview. The preview was the best part of the movie; in fact it was better than the movie. I’ve had friends accusingly ask “Who picked this movie?!”, disgruntled at being subjected to bad movies I picked. After being deceived too many times I became more discerning. I check out the reviews, or watch questionable movies by myself (so at least no one else has to suffer).

The misleading previews made me think about how there are times when we encounter people and situations that seem like they’re going to be the best ever. Like the previews we see a glimpse of the best; not realizing it’s a deception, and all downhill from there. I’m not saying give up on people or situations; some situations do turn around. And sometimes great stories start with bad previews. I’m saying talk to the Great Reviewer. Ask your Heavenly Father if the preview is accurate. Is this relationship/situation a blessing from God or is it a deception? It’s easy to get excited when your emotions have been tickled by a great preview. Take the time to seek God and use wisdom. Don’t assume you know the whole story based on a sneak preview.



Heavenly Father just as Jesus was hungry and saw the fig tree and expected fruit, there are times when I expect people and situations to deliver based on what I initially see and hope for. Help me not jump to conclusions without first seeking Your guidance and wisdom. Do not let me be deceived by false previews, and help me see things accurately. I will believe the best of others, but I will not be deceived by false previews. I am grateful that You see the end from the beginning, and I can turn to You when things are not what they seem. I know You are leading me to Your very best, and if the best hasn't arrived then it is coming soon.

 

Don't jump to conclusions - there may be a perfectly good explanation for what you just saw.
Proverbs 25:8 The Message

12 On the day following, when they had come away from Bethany, [Jesus] was hungry. 13 And seeing in the distance a fig tree [covered] with leaves, He went to see if He could find any [fruit] on it [[a]for in the fig tree the fruit appears at the same time as the leaves]. But when He came up to it, He found nothing but leaves, for the fig season had not yet come.
Mark 11:12-13 Amplified

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.