If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Monday, December 9, 2013

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? 12/9/13

Both the deceived and the deceiver are His...

People can be fooled but God cannot.
www.AnointedMessages.com


A Message from Anointed Messenger

I usually enjoy the program What Would You Do? which features real people in made up scenarios, in order to discover the true nature of humanity. It’s basically the Good Samaritan parable; the scenarios are designed to discover if people will intervene and help their neighbor in trouble or just ignore them. I saw a show where a couple (portrayed by actors) met with a surrogate mother (also an actress) about her pregnancy. The scenario was the pregnant mother changed her mind about turning over the baby to be adopted. The fake surrogate mother left and the would-be adoptive father went after her. The adoptive mother was left alone in the restaurant and wept pitifully. The actors made sure restaurant patrons heard the drama and knew the situation. 2 kind ladies (who weren’t together and didn’t know each other) came over to comfort her. They were not actors but genuinely concerned strangers. The older lady put her arms around the crying actress and began to pray for her.

That was very sweet but the whole scenario then bothered me. It went from an interesting program to a deceptive trick. That kind lady was opening up her heart to comfort someone and it wasn’t even real. She was taking the issue to God in good faith based upon a deception. But I should have known it would all work for good because her motives were pure. The host John Quinones said he was really touched by the spontaneous prayer for the weeping woman. And the prayer itself was pure. She said things like “God it is You who give children”; everything she prayed was beautiful and true. She didn’t pray for the fictional surrogate to change her mind because her prayer was led by the Holy Spirit. The best part was after John Quinones revealed the scenario and everyone was discussing what happened, the actress was crying for real. She said that the prayer had really touched her, and that she didn’t have children but would like to someday and appreciated the woman’s comforting prayer. Ha!!! The scenario may have been shrouded in deception but the truth still prevailed and the prayer worked regardless of the situation.

It was a great reminder about the power of spirit-led prayer. I know there have been times when I was tempted to pray things that made sense to my natural mind, and especially when praying for others there may be a temptation to stick to what I know, because no one wants to be wrong or appear foolish. But people aren’t always honest about their prayer needs, and God knows the things that we don’t know. When we step out in faith and pray only what the Spirit is leading us to pray victory is assured.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVDzRPZbHTk 

Lord I thank You for the privilege of prayer. Give me courage to speak whatever You put on my heart, even if I don’t understand it. I am glad that I can trust You when I can’t trust myself or others. I am grateful that even if people fool me Your Holy Spirit cannot be fooled. I know Your Holy Spirit will always lead me in the way I should go. I don’t have to worry about what I will do or what I will say, because I can trust You to give me the right words at the right time.

  -------------
I will instruct you and teach you about the direction you should go. I’ll advise you and keep my eye on you. 
Psalm 32:8 CEB

 With Him are might and wisdom; the deceived and the deceiver are His [and in His power].
Job 12:16 AMP

For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour and [a]moment what [you] ought to say.
Luke 12:12 AMP


2 comments:

  1. Thankful for this post. It's 3:52am here and I have been contemplating an upcoming situation, in prayer. When I turned my tablet on, this was the very first e-mail message notification received. Clear instruction for the task. My intentions were to look at a particular scripture, as the solution to the prayer I'd been praying. Seems to me the Holy Spirit has already given me exactly what's needed, without my research. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. FisherOfMen I am so blessed to hear that! It makes it all worth it. Praying God will continue to bless and guide you.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.