If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

WITHSTANDING FIRE & WATER - 12/11/13

and all that cannot stand fire shall pass through water...



A Message from Anointed Messenger

Everything that can stand fire, you shall make go through fire, and it shall be clean. Nevertheless it shall also be purified with the water of impurity; and all that cannot stand fire [such as fabrics] you shall pass through water.
Numbers 31:23 AMP

Everything that will not burn, such as gold, silver, bronze, iron, tin, or lead, is to be purified by passing it through fire. Everything else is to be purified by the water for purification.
Numbers 31:22-23 GNT

When I read that scripture what came to mind is that we [Believers] all go through a purification process. I know the scripture is actually talking about purifying the spoils of war, but I can see where it applies to people as well. We’ll all be purified, but we’re not all made of the same stuff. The precious metals were purified by fire, and fabrics were purified by water. Some of us will go through the fire and the water, and others will go through the water. The God who made us knows what we can withstand, and we will be purified accordingly. This means we shouldn’t judge or condemn others who seem to be going through worse trials. It means we shouldn’t feel less loved or bad about ourselves if our trials seem worse than another’s. It means we shouldn’t assume those with seemingly easier trials are the holier ones. Remember there is a process that we will all go through; take comfort in the fact that none of us go through it alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHtbgyPk3cw




Lord I will count it all joy when I go through trials because it means You are purifying me and drawing me closer to You. Help me remember that we will all go through a purification process so we shouldn’t judge one another. Lord I AM grateful that when I go through the fire and the water I will never go alone, for You are always with me.


You let people ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance.
Psalm 66:12 NIV 

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. 
Isaiah 43:2 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.