If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

SUPERNATURAL MEDICINE - WORDS OF FAITH 12/4/13


Speaking the Truth backed by the Power of LOVE



I have several hundred positive affirmations and declarations that I try to say on a regular basis. These declarations are things I speak over myself and others; faith-filled words I want to see come to pass. The statements cover all areas and range from the spiritual (“I am God’s willing vessel and He uses me in a powerful way”) to health (“My blood pressure is the ideal rate for my optimal health” to the practical (“I use my time wisely”).

Sadly I got away from saying my affirmations and that only made everything worse. We need to speak positive things to get through the trials and to counter the doubts and the negative voices in the world. I realize my declarations are my medicine. They are the cure for doubt, discouragement and a lack of hope.

Recently I listened to Joyce Meyer share how she had a couple of ladies stationed in a closet when her ministry was very tiny. Their job was to speak over the ministry. They said things like “Joyce Meyer Ministries has offices all over the world.” Well those things are all true today! That was great encouragement for me to resume taking my medicine (saying my declarations). I recalled affirmations I’ve seen come to pass in my own life and was even more encouraged. I added some more, even more outlandish and wonderful.

Today I want to share some tips and ideas that will hopefully help you use positive affirmations to walk in greater victory.

1. MAKE DECLARATIONS THAT ARE CONSISTENT WITH THE WORD OF GOD.
There is so much power in speaking the Word of God. But there’s still a lot of leeway that allows you to cater your affirmations to your particular desires and circumstances. The Word says we can have good health, so it’s OK to address specific health issues.

2. SPEAK AS IF IT’S ALREADY DONE.
You’re not asking, you’re not wishing, you’re claiming it. You’re using your God-given authority to call into existence that which God wants for you. Instead of saying “I will be rich someday” say “I AM a millionaire and I bless others abundantly.”

3. KEEP IT POSITIVE.
Make sure your words are always focused on positive results. Saying “I do not overeat” still focuses on the negative behavior. Instead focus on the positive thing you want God to establish in your life. “I have self-control and I eat exactly the right amount of food my body needs.” Instead of saying "I do not have psoriasis" say "My skin is smooth, clear, healthy and without spot, wrinkle, or blemish."

4. WRITE IT DOWN.
Write it down so you can see it and refer to it often. The written word is a contract. God said write the vision and make it plain.

5. SPEAK IT OUT LOUD.
There is power in speaking the words. Speak the Words aloud to show agreement with God, counter the enemy’s lies, and to encourage yourself. Release it into the universe.

6. SAY IT OFTEN.
The more you say your affirmations the more you’re releasing your faith and the more likely you are to believe it. If you’ve been struggling with negative thoughts like rejection, you need to get rid of that spirit by repeatedly speaking the truth “I am loved”, “I am beautiful”.

7. USE IT LIKE A WEAPON.
When a negative thing comes against you that is the time to speak the appropriate affirmation. The worst thing to do would be to agree with the enemy. If your spouse is acting horribly (or you want one and don’t have one) instead of complaining say “My husband loves me as Christ loves the church.” or “My wife respects me, and submits to me in a way that pleases God.”

8. GET INTO AGREEMENT WITH OTHERS
As I mentioned Joyce Meyer had people speaking faith over her ministry. There’s power in agreement. I have a small group of prayer warriors and we text each other with our affirmations. When one person shares the others all come into agreement. The more people speaking God’s truth the better. Sometimes it’s as simple as copying, pasting and speaking. A small thing that makes a big difference.

9. ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT TO GUIDE YOU.
Pray and ask God to help you as you make your declarations. But don’t over think it or be afraid to come up with affirmations. Even if God doesn’t send an angel to give you words speaking positive things over your life is always a good thing.

10. EXPECT IT!
I know a lady who had children for the first time at age 55. For many, many years she kept on speaking that she was going to have a child. She said it when no one else believed her, and she kept saying it until it came to pass. She had perfectly healthy twins at age 55. Do you realize this first time mother was eligible for senior discounts?! Don’t doubt what God can do when you refuse to give in to the negative and continue to speak positive words over yourself and others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rK6O0YtBRY



Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears; let the weak say, I am strong [a warrior]!
Joel 3:10 AMP

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.
Proverbs 18:21 ESV

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
Ephesians 4:29 ESV

There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
Proverbs 12:18 ESV

Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
Proverbs 16:24 ESV

I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
Matthew 12:36-37 ESV

 

3 comments:

  1. Valerie Banks12/4/13, 10:48 AM

    Thank you. This is what I call "Life Skills" for everyday living in the Glory with practical DAILY applications. valeriebanks@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent tips, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome and thank you Valerie & Anonymous! I'm glad you were blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.