If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Monday, April 27, 2015

Power in your words

They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.
Revelation 12:11 NIV




Journal Entry Thu 4/23/15 6:40 am

A little while ago I heard my neighbors arguing. They were yelling at each other and it seemed another intense fight was starting [They fight often and the police have been called on occasion]. I said to myself, 'I won't miss this' [I'm in the process of moving out of this apartment]. I said out loud "Peace be still" — and the arguing ceased immediately! It was amazing. It was no fluke because it's been several minutes now has not started back up. Highly unusual.

I wonder how many times I prayed silently when I need to speak out loud to the storms. We have so much power and authority in Christ. We need to use it. When I spoke I did not yell or scream. No other human could hear me. I spoke quietly and sincerely and it worked.



Lord help me use my words wisely; for You have given me power and authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.