If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Monday, February 2, 2015

From Abandoned to Beloved


The stone which the builders rejected as worthless turned out to be the most important of all.
Psalm 118:22 GNT


When God called me to leave Chicago and move to Houston I left my cat Imzadi with my mother because he hated traveling, and I didn't think he'd adjust well. Following is an excerpt from my journal in which God spoke to me.

Journal Excerpt
Another message from God to me is Mom told me that Imzadi now loves the water dispenser I bought for him. Just like the cat bed I got him he didn’t show any interest in it at first. I was so hurt and disappointed in both cases because I bought them with hopes they would make him happy only to find him showing no interest at all. In both cases he just suddenly changed, and now he loves them both. He spends most of his time in that cat bed and he drinks excessively from the water dispenser. I got both because I know Imzadi and I thought I knew what was best for him. Well I was right after all. So my encouragement was it ain’t over, people do change, and that which was ignored and abandoned can still be loved.

Heavenly Father
You know us thoroughly and completely. At times it seems that You are leading us to people and places that aren't a good fit for us. But things can and do change, and You always know best. Help us to trust You in every situation.

As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious,
1 Peter 2:4 ESV

But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,' declares the LORD, 'because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.'
Jeremiah 30:17 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.