If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Monday, December 8, 2014

Journey of Faith - Going 'Round the Mountain 1 More Time

You may be aware that I occasionally share excerpts from my journal. I allow others to peek in on these private moments in hopes they will gain insights, and grow in their relationships with God and others.



A Message from Anointed Messenger

Journal Excerpt Thu 8//2/07

I wish I could see my own issues as clearly as I see others.  I see the mountains that others are circling repeatedly.  I pray about it and sometimes offer feedback but for the most part I recognize they have to learn on their own.  They’ve got to stop circling that mountain by making different choices.


[Someone] is steadily crying out for validation and trying to establish self-worth by being praised by people.  She likes to think of herself as selfless and altruistic but her selfish motives are so obvious to me and I’m sure many others.  She keeps on trying and believing in faith she’s going to one day receive all these accolades and on that day she’ll be victorious.  But her demands for attention and glory-seeking are exhausting and only pushes others away.  Despite all her claims to be “other-focused” the moment someone says or does anything she doesn’t like - she attacks.  She’s so fragile and insecure and I feel like she’s fighting the wrong enemy with the wrong tools.


I can see how things she goes through are designed to get rid of the real problem but she sees them as demonic attacks.  For example I got many of the praises she was longing for right in front of her.  She couldn’t handle it; she reacted terribly and lashed out at me and everyone else.  God is trying to teach her how to recognize her ungodly desires and motives by exposing them.  She’s got to get to the point where she can be genuinely happy for others and not be motivated to do things for personal glory.

Heavenly Father
Thank You for having a good plan for me. Thank You for the tests and trials that shape my character and make me a better person. Give me wisdom to make right choices and to know the difference between a demonic attack and situations sent to deliver and promote me. Forgive me for every time I sought my own will rather than Yours. Help me to be merciful to others who are stuck in unhealthy patterns and circling their own mountains.


"You have circled around this mountain long enough; now turn north.
Deuteronomy 2:3 Net Bible

And though I have no wish to glorify myself, God is going to glorify me. He is the true judge.
John 8:50 New Living Translation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.