If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Monday, August 25, 2014

Mean People



Confession: I don't enjoy people who do bad things to me. When someone is mean or cruel or disrespectful to me, I don't want to be around them. I don't seek them out. I don't go looking for them, in fact I try to avoid them. [In my finer moments I am eager to share with difficult people the Jesus in me that I know they desperately need.]


When things are going well for me, that is, when things are going my way and I feel comfortable; I can't wait to meet with God. I jump out of bed in the mornings, excited to have devotion and spend some quality time with my favorite God, because I'm His favorite child.

During seasons when things were not going my way and I faced many challenges, there were times when I found myself dragging to get to devotion. Times when I sat in silence, waiting for God to explain to me what was going on, and when it was going to change. 

But God is not a mean person who mistreats us; God is good, regardless of the challenges and seasons we face. A large part of the Christian walk is learning how to be content in all seasons. Realizing that God is always good, and He will not allow anything that won't somehow work for my good.

During tough seasons we must not come to God like captives, begging for release from our Oppressor. We come to God knowing He is the source of our strength, and the best friend we could ever have. God has already demonstrated His unconditional love for us. Praising Him during the tough times is one small way we can show our unconditional love for Him.

---------------------------

I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
Psalm 34:1 AMP

11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:11-13 NIV

 
 Heavenly Father
I know that You are for me at all times. When I am tempted to associate Your love for me with my circumstances, remind me that in the world we will have trouble. Help me be content in all situations, and secure in Your unfailing love.
 

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, so moving, so vital to our well-being! Thanks so very much for this.. Be continually blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, and you're quite welcome. God bless you friend.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.