If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

For Whosoever Will

A Message from Anointed Messenger


http://biblehub.com/romans/10-11.htm

As Mother's Day approaches I think about how awesome my Mom is. A while back she had a mysterious ailment and couldn't walk unassisted; but she's made a full recovery. To help with her recovery I got her the same recumbent exercise bike that I have. It's a quiet, effective, and safe way to exercise.

Well that was about two years ago and I'm proud to say my Mom uses that bike everyday - sometimes more than once a day. It has kept her in good shape and she's inspired others to get the same bike. I'm ashamed to say that I don't ride my bike everyday, although I did initially. I haven't been as faithful as my Mom has, and now she can ride it for longer periods at higher levels than I can. My Mom is an octogenarian but she has exceeded me.

The whole thing drives home the point that many blessings are for "whosoever will". We may tell ourselves that others are more favored, or more talented, etc., when the truth is many times others put in the work that we did not. It's those who claim the blessings that receive them. It's the ones who are faithful that see the results. 

Romans 10:11 let's us know that anyone who believes in God will not be disappointed or ashamed. God doesn't discriminate; salvation is for all. It may take a long time before you see some blessings manifest, but whoever has the faith will receive. It's the people who refuse to ride their bikes faithfully who will be ashamed.


Dear Lord,
I know that You love me, and there's no good thing that You would deny me. When I don't receive blessings that others receive I know it is because they are not right for me, or I need to do what they were willing to do. Help me to believe, and to be faithful in everything I do.
In Jesus' name.

4 comments:

  1. Happy mothers day to your super mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, happy Mothers' Day to your family!

      Delete
  2. Dear Daughter,
    This is so beautiful! You are a darling daughter. I would like to live up to this standard so I shall try. Remember, you helped me to recover. So, the credit goes to you. Be blessed!
    Love and blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my favorite mother! To quote one of your favorite sayings, "To God be the glory." Happy Mothers' Day!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.