If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Monday, May 5, 2014

Cannot Afford to Waste Time

A Message from Anointed Messenger



A soldier on duty doesn't get caught up in making deals at the marketplace. He concentrates on carrying out orders.
2 Timothy 2:4 The Message Bible




I was on the way to church when God confirmed to me that I was in a season in which I could not afford to waste time or resources. I'd forgotten to charge my cell phone so the battery was very low. In the past, I liked to make calls when on the way to church. It seemed like a perfect time to catch up with people and chat. (I don't do that anymore; no texting or talking while driving.) Well I knew I didn't have enough battery to just chat idly. I had to be very focused and discerning about my phone use. I had to reserve that battery in case I had an emergency in which I needed to use my phone. I had to decide what was really important and cut out the rest.

To make matters worse I was almost out of gas. I had enough gas to get to church but not enough to make the stops I usually like to make. No running here and there to shop, etc, I had to focus solely on reaching my destination. God was speaking. Because of the time and the magnitude of that which God is calling me to, I cannot afford to waste any time. I can't get caught up in distractions and I can't waste my resources on nonessentials.


What is God calling you to do? I pray you do not get sidetracked by distractions. The assignment on your life is too great.
Heavenly Father,
Help me complete the assignments You have entrusted to me. Show me how to focus my attention, and manage my time so that I can get enough rest, interact with the friends and family You have given me, and still complete the work You have for me. Let me not give in to distractions and activities that will only take me away from Your plan.

2 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME! I need this and am indeed grateful for it. May GOD continue to bless you and your ministry! BLESSINGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much friend! May God bless you for blessing me!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.