If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Waiting in the Queue




A Message from Anointed Messenger


I often borrow DVDs from the library. For free I get the full versions of movies with extras, and I get to keep them longer than if I rented a DVD from somewhere like RedBox (which has limited versions, in hopes people will buy the full DVD).

If you've been following my messages for a while you know how I love a good movie with spiritual overtones, especially animated movies. I've been interested in seeing the popular movie Frozen for some time. It is so popular that it is on DVD and still at first run theaters.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he7UEvHjqdk

On the DVD release date I put in my request for the movie at my local library. The way the system works is I request the movies I want, and the library contacts me when my movie is available. Newer and more popular movies tend to take longer.

I don't stress about how long it takes; sometimes anticipation can be fun. I go on with my life, trusting the library will let me know when my movie is ready. Sometimes it takes longer than I hoped, but it's a free movie - there's no reason to complain.

I was reviewing my account information at the library site and I happened to notice it had information about my hold on the movie Frozen. It said I was number 115 in the queue. 115?!! You mean there are 114 people ahead of me? 114 people must watch and return the movie before my turn arrives? Wow.

It was a bit mind blowing. Often the library lets me keep DVDs for about three weeks. Imagine if those 114 people ahead of me keep the movie for three weeks. Not too encouraging.

Then I had the thought, "I wonder what my number is in God's queue?" There are things that I've wanted and prayed for, and waited for; and I've yet to receive those things. As I witness others receive answered prayers there is temptation to wonder "When is my turn coming? How many people are ahead of me? God, am I last on Your list?"

The response I heard in my spirit is YOU ARE #1. Aww ♥ Yes, I am number one in God's book. God is not holding back, nor preferring others more than me. What God has for me is between God and me.


Jesus shared a parable about workers who were angry that people who were hired late in the day only worked one hour yet received the same pay as those who worked all day in the hot sun. Yes, it really doesn't seem fair but the truth is everyone got what they were supposed to get.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+20%3A1-16&version=NIV

God promised that if I left my people and went to the place He showed me, He would make me into a great nation. He promised to bless me and make my name great, and that I would be a blessing to others. That's a tall order that I'm sure takes time and preparation. I have to trust that blessings and seasons won't take longer than necessary. Something valuable is transpiring at every moment.

I receive messages from every movie. That's something that I enjoy and look forward to. If all I wanted was to enjoy a movie for a couple of hours then no preparation is necessary. But if I'm looking for God to minister to my soul, and pour something into my spirit so I can share it with others; then I should patiently trust God's timing.

God's Beloved, remember that God has a good plan for your life. Everything He sends into Your life is working for your good. If we compare the timing and nature of our blessings to the blessings of others, we will only find frustration. Trust our generous God is doing the best thing for each of us. You are #1 in God's queue.



12 ‘Those people worked only one hour, and yet you’ve paid them just as much as you paid us who worked all day in the scorching heat.’
13 “He answered one of them, ‘Friend, I haven’t been unfair! Didn’t you agree to work all day for the usual wage? 14 Take your money and go. I wanted to pay this last worker the same as you. 15 Is it against the law for me to do what I want with my money? Should you be jealous because I am kind to others?’
16 “So those who are last now will be first then, and those who are first will be last.”
Matthew 20:12-16 New Living Translation


Dear Lord,
Help us recognize that You will give us whatever You have for us when we are ready for it. Forgive us for those times when we become impatient or try to rush Your plan. Let us stay focused on the wonderful things You are doing in our lives, instead of complaining or comparing ourselves to others. We won't worry about who seems to be ahead of us. You are generous, You don't withhold good, and Your timing is perfect. 
 

2 comments:

  1. I am indeed grateful for this message because it is encouraging! Thanks so very much and may God continue to bless your ministry.
    ps. I like you using the term "queue" in lieu of line. Interesting word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Queue is actually the word the library uses; I'm glad you appreciate it.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.