If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Monday, December 2, 2013

LOVE CONQUEST - Anointed Message Fri 11/22/13

Lord give me territory that is conquered with love.
www.AnointedMessages.com


A Message from Anointed Messenger
For  You  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMcJL_UDAvwThere is a church I frequented where the greeters were very warm and friendly, and welcomed all with a smile and a handshake. However there was one greeter that had a certain aggressiveness in his approach. There were days when all I wanted was a smile and a bulletin. Some days I felt a cold coming on and didn't want to shake the hand that shook hundreds of other hands. Well this greeter wasn't having it; he forced me to shake his hand. It didn't matter if I had things in my hand, or needed a friendly welcome rather than a handshake that day - I wasn't getting past him without a handshake. 


One weekday I happened to be walking through the almost empty church and saw that greeter. I smiled as I did with everyone I encountered, but unlike the others he did not return my smile. In fact he shot me (and everyone else) a rather unpleasant look before looking away. Maybe he was having a bad day, but it confirmed what was in my spirit. For him "greeting" was about conquest, not about making people feel welcome. I don't think he recognized me because I don't think he ever saw me as more than a hand to be shaken. I imagine at the end of services that greeter might tally the number of hands he shook. "I shook 1000 hands tonight, a new record. I'm the best greeter ever."

God's Beloved anything we do for God should be done in sincerity and love. The enemy is always trying to pervert the good things we do for God so we must be alert. The people we minister to are not objects to be conquered. Even a good minister can get off track by focusing on the number of salvations rather than the individuals getting saved. Then it becomes a competition (whether it's with yourself or others). Don't get caught up in the number of salvations, the number of mission trips, or the number of hands you shook. People are not trophies to boast about but family to be loved. Celebrate the victories but always see the individuals God allows us to minister to.

The Holy Spirit impressed upon me that we don't minister in order to feel important. We minister because of the compassion we feel for others. A true greeter likes for people to feel welcome, and may know all too well what it's like to go somewhere and not feel welcome. I try to encourage others because I have compassion for people going through trials. We don't go on mission trips in order to pat ourselves on the back or to brag to our friends, but because we feel a passion for the people, and a burden for their needs. If you're unsure what your ministry is, consider what you are passionate about. What people do you desire to help? What afflictions do you hate? That's where your calling is. God's Beloved don't pursue status, pursue love.
 
Heavenly Father I am grateful for every person that You allow me to minister to. Help me remember that it is a privilege not a right, and let love always be my motivation. I enjoy being used by You, but I do not want to become self-important, and force my ministry on others in order to gratify my ego. Show me the individuals I am touching, and show me how to humbly meet their needs. I am Your vessel; let Your love flow through me.  

-------------------------


1-2 Those of us who are strong and able in the faith need to step in and lend a hand to those who falter, and not just do what is most convenient for us. Strength is for service, not status. Each one of us needs to look after the good of the people around us, asking ourselves, "How can I help?" 3- That's exactly what Jesus did. He didn't make it easy for himself by avoiding people's troubles, but waded right in and helped out. "I took on the troubles of the troubled," is the way Scripture puts it.

Romans 15:1-3 The Message





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.