If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Monday, November 11, 2013

LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION 11/11/13

A Message from Anointed Messenger



God gave me this message quite some time ago, but I got it again recently so I think it’s time to share it. I serve in the video ministry at church. Each camera operator is assigned a particular camera, and each camera captures a unique perspective. There is a director who decides which angles will be used at any given moment and displayed on the large screens for the audience/congregation. Sometimes the director will let me know when my camera will be featured on the screen, but more often transitions occur without warning or consent.

When my camera angle is not featured on the screens it may seem like my labor is in vain. Why continue following the speaker’s movements and try to capture the best shot if no one is watching? Well the director is always watching, and I need to be ready at all times. There may be temptation to slack off when my camera isn’t featured on the screens, but if I do that then I won’t be ready when the director wants to use me. I continue filming and following the speaker as if my camera were on screen because 1) I know my camera may appear onscreen at any moment and 2) because it’s my assignment. The times when the spotlight is not on me are some of the best times in terms of growth. Every moment I’m operating the camera is more practice for me.

God put on my heart that in the same way we need to be diligent in all we do. In life, in relationships, in ministry – there are times when we may feel ignored or insignificant. Why keep working if no one is watching or appreciating our efforts? Because God is watching and we are learning. Every time we practice doing the right thing we are getting better at it. We develop integrity by doing our best when the spotlight isn’t on us. If I take my hands off the camera and the speaker moves out of the shot then you can be sure the director is not going to use my perspective. He’s looking for someone diligent who is paying attention – not someone who has lost their focus.

God’s Beloved we are not to wait until the ‘spotlight’ is on us to do what God designed us to do. It’s doing the right thing during the dark times that makes us ready for the spotlight.



Father God I know You have a good plan for me, a plan to use me for Your glory. Help me stay focused on the assignment You have given me. Make me diligent when the spotlight is not on me. I will not worry about when my turn to shine is coming. You see everything and are pleased when I obey You in love. I will trust You as my Divine Director who loves me and will use me when I AM ready. I won’t become anxious or frustrated. Even if I temporarily lose my focus or forget my assignment, You are merciful and You know how to get me on track. I am grateful because I know if I seek You I will find You.



Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.
2 Timothy 4:2 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.