If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Friday, June 15, 2012

Quest for Antarctica 6/15/12



Journal Excerpt
I remember the penguins in Madagascar. They kept trying to get to Antarctica, and they made all these elaborate plans and they finally got there. Then you see them sitting there in all the ice and snow and they say “Well this sucks.” So they go back home. I feel kind of like that. I did all that waiting and praying for [this to happen] and now that I’m [in it] I’m like “well this sucks.” Not at all what I want. At least I know that now. But I don’t feel like God has released me yet.

Fri 6/15/12
SMALL STRAWS IN A SOFT WIND by MARSHA BURNS:
  
Release yourself from all frustration and irritation.  The things that haven't worked out the way you hoped they would were for the purpose of a course correction.   You will gain some much needed wisdom from recent events that had the potential for disappointment and discouragement.  Forgive yourself and others, and ask Me for wisdom.  I will provide not only wisdom but direction and guidance.  Trust me to keep you in the flow of My Spirit, says the Lord. 
Galatians 5:16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

That is very encouraging. That makes me feel like if I had struggled and fought to get to Antarctica only to discover that Antarctica sucks, everything would still be ok. J It’s ok if your dream turned out to be your Galifianakis;* God has another plan.

*A Galifianakis is a person, place or situation that is so difficult that you grow as a result of dealing with it/them. The Galifianakis requires extra grace and more fruit of the Spirit. The word is derived from comedian Zach Galifianakis' character in the movie Due Date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.