If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Friday, February 28, 2014

Isn't it ironic?


http://www.AnointedMessages.com


Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
Galatians 6:7 NKJV

A Message from Anointed Messenger


The scripture says whatever we plant is exactly what we're going to reap. Well sometimes it doesn't seem that way. Sometimes it seems like we can sow good seed but reap exactly the opposite.

For example, I have a friend that has always done her best to honor marriage vows. She is so devoted that when a married man on her job began pursuing her she shunned his every advance. When the gifts, flattery and advances didn't stop, my friend actually quit her job to avoid the temptation altogether. Now that's fidelity. You would think that she'd reap a faithful husband that other women would leave alone. Instead years later another woman aggressively pursued her husband. I mean she aggressively went after this man, all the while claiming God while doing everything she could to tear apart my friend's marriage. Sadly my friend's husband succumbed to this other woman's advances. My friend continues to pray for him, and continues to be faithful to him.


I am reminded of Joseph the dreamer. While enslaved by Potiphar, the handsome young Joseph was aggressively pursued by Potiphar's wife. Like my friend, Joseph honored God and ran from the adulterer. What was his reward? The spurned wife accused Joseph of rape and he was wrongfully imprisoned until he was 30 years old. [Genesis 39].

I can think of other instances that don't seem fair. I always return my shopping cart to the shopping cart corral, but that doesn't stop other shoppers from leaving their shopping carts by my car. Sometimes the only stray carts have found my car. Really? Why isn't there an invisible shield around my car that repels shopping carts? Why isn't there an invisible bubble around my friend's husband that repels other women? We sowed good seed. Sometimes we can sow encouragement, or generosity, or kindness - but find none available to us when we want it. So what's a person to do? Give up? Quit doing the right thing?

We established that Galatians 6:7 tells us we'll reap what we sow. Well verse eight warns us that those who sow to please their flesh will reap destruction, while those who sow to the Spirit will reap eternal life. That's the real test isn't it? If you're doing something to please God you'll keep doing it, regardless of the circumstances, because you know it's the right thing to do. Those who sow to the flesh do things only for their own benefit, and when they can't immediately see the benefit they stop. I guess the bottom line is "Is it all about us, or is it all about God?"

Verse nine encourages us not to get weary in doing good. It says if we'll hang in there we will be rewarded with a good harvest from the good seed we've sown. We can see this truth in Joseph's life. After 13 years of slavery and imprisonment he was taken to the palace and given rule over Egypt. What an amazing promotion/harvest.

God's Beloved when you are sowing good seeds and seem to be reaping the exact opposite, it's not ironic - it's just not over yet. The Word assures us that if we'll keep doing the right thing, at the exact right time we'll reap the right harvest. It's a wise decision to choose to be all about God, because God is all about you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgWOcYpHm0o

Don't be worried on account of the wicked;
    don't be jealous of those who do wrong.
2 They will soon disappear like grass that dries up;
    they will die like plants that wither.

3 Trust in the Lord and do good;
    live in the land and be safe.
4 Seek your happiness in the Lord,
    and he will give you your heart's desire.

5 Give yourself to the Lord;
    trust in him, and he will help you;
6 he will make your righteousness shine like the noonday sun.

7 Be patient and wait for the Lord to act;
    don't be worried about those who prosper
    or those who succeed in their evil plans.

Psalm 37:1-7 Good News Translation


Lord I will continue to trust You even when doing the right thing seems to yield the wrong results. Give me what I need to persevere and pass every test. Encourage me when I feel like giving up. Renew my mind when my thoughts become confused. Refresh my vision when I lose sight of my goals. Give me faith to believe that my doing good is never in vain. When I see the opposite of what I've prayed for help me walk by faith and not by sight.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.