If we can encourage others, we should encourage them.
~Romans 12:8

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Suspicious Minds 11/20/11



In the shower today the song Suspicious Minds dropped in my spirit. I found myself singing it then realized God was reminding me that we are supposed to be partners and we can’t move forward if I am suspicious about His motives. I know He’s used that song before so I found it in my journal from May 2008:

Thur 5/15/08 8:33 pm
I’m just getting in not long ago and TD Jakes was on. They showed a preview of next week’s sermon and it was just for me. It was awesome. This is what he said:


There are some things that once you’ve been through them you say I will never let you take me back through what you took me through before.
Not this time.
Because somebody who’s been defeated in the past needs to know that this time is not going to be like last time.
You’ve got the faith to understand that you went down so that you could come up.
You cried so that you could rejoice.
You mourned so you could dance.
You did without so you could overcome…

I receive it I receive it! I know I won’t let people in the church take advantage of me again just because they are church people. And I do need to know that this time won’t be like last time; that’s where the fear and trepidation comes in. And I had that dream where I got into a pool and everyone tried to stop me. I was so confident but it was much deeper than I realized and I did sink down. But in the dream I came back up, and in reality I’m about to come back up. Hallelujah!

And I sure do appreciate things much more. You don’t know how much you take for granted until you lose it. I went to the 99 cents store after the orientation and they were playing Suspicious Minds by Fine Young Cannibals over the intercom. It really got my attention because I heard it somewhere else recently. That’s not a song you hear everyday. The first time it got my attention just because I really like it and hadn’t heard it for so long. The second time I knew it was not a coincidence. I think I was somewhere in Chicago when I heard it, I’m not sure. So I started paying attention to the lyrics to see what God was trying to tell me.

We're caught in a trap
I can't walk out
Because I love you too much baby

Why can't you see
What you're doing to Me
When you don't believe a word I say?

We can't go on together
With suspicious minds
And we can't build our dreams
On suspicious minds

So, if an old friend I know
Stops to say hello
Would I still see suspicion in your eyes?

Here we go again
Asking where I've been
You can't see these tears are real
I'm crying

We can't go on together
With suspicious minds
And we can't build our dreams
On suspicious minds

Oh let our love survive
Or dry the tears from your eyes
Let's don't let a good thing die

When honey, you know
I've never lied to you
Mmm yeah, yeah

I feel like the bottom line is God is saying We can’t move forward unless I completely trust Him. It is my suspicious mind holding me back; wondering if this time will be like last time. The song even says We’re caught in a trap, and I was just saying this morning that I feel trapped. OK Lord, we’ll get there. And You never lied to me, that’s true.


How powerful is that? I guess I’ve got to pray some more… I listened to the song a couple of times, and I believe God is also saying I am tying His hands with my unbelief. Well Lord please reveal what I need to know/do and help me be fully persuaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. Your feedback is welcome.

Anointed Messages Sermon Notes

.